"There comes a point in life, when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy. ~Author Unknown"

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Grandma to the Rescue!

It's the morning of December first, two thousand eleven. It was late night, as I drag my butt out of bed, or at least try to. To my dismay, I woke extremely late for a study day of class. In a frenzy to get ready, and off to class, I forget to hit the the gas station. (Stupid girl!) I was almost to Route Twenty and Route Fifty-eight in Oberlin, when alas I ran out of gas! In a panic I reach for my phone, dial Chris and get no answer. Thinking quick I hit speed dial two, Grams. Upon answer I explain to her what happened. Fortunately, she was a life saver. About thirty minutes later Grams pulls up with five gallons of gas for me. Yay! After ten minutes of carefully, and creatively, adding gas to my tank, I'm ready to go. I slide the key in, turn it, and the engines starts with no problem. I start to pull off the side of the road, to find that I am stuck! After a minute of push-pulling the car, three young men come to our rescue! Thank you, Lord! With what seemed to be little effort I was out of the side of the ditch and ready to head to Grandma's. I am indeed grateful for my wonderful Grams and for those three kind men so willing to serve. :-)

No comments: